come into my world
careful, dont trip now
Monday, November 12, 2007


i have a friend. i wasnt particularly close to this person. right about a pivotal moment when i realised i've a friend for keeps.

my friend's been undergoing this sorta transition period with a significant other. a true period, full of Divine Interventions and conversations of leaving things to Fate. indeed. my friend is an inspiration to me. with or without her knowing, she is.

she shared with me a song. and told me, ' i just feel this song; really you've got to listen to her lyrics to appreciate the song'

and so i did. i played the song, closed my eyes. listened and envisioned i was her.

You’ve been my golden best friend
Now with post-demise at hand
Can’t go to you for consolation
Cause we’re off limits during this transition

This grief overwhelms me
It burns in my stomach
And I can’t stop bumping into things

I thought we’d be simple together
I thought we’d be happy together
Thought we’d be limitless together
I thought we’d be precious together
But I was sadly mistaken

You’ve been my soulmate and mentor
I remembered you the moment I met you
With you I knew god’s face was handsome
With you I suffered an expansion

This loss is numbing me
It pierces my chest
And I can’t stop dropping everything

I thought we’d be sexy together
Thought we’d be evolving together
I thought we’d have children together
I thought we’d be family together
But I was sadly mistaken

If I had a bill for all the philosophies I shared
If I had a penny for all the possibilities I presented
If I had a dime for every hand thrown up in the air
My wealth would render this no less severe

I thought we’d be genius together
I thought we’d be healing together
I thought we’d be growing together
Thought we’d be adventurous together
But I was sadly mistaken

Thought we’d be exploring together
Thought we’d be inspired together
I thought we’d be flying together
Thought we’d be on fire together
But I was sadly mistaken

alanis morissette_simple together


and that was when tears were in my eyes.

i'd play the song on a frequency more than i'd like to. and each time i hear it, i seem to feel like i wish i could just make her feel better. like painting a bright rainbow on top of the dark clouds wiht my crayolas or something.

then wonder well, maybe things already are. better.

for you, my friend.
may things turn out for the best.

i warn you.
reading lyrics off a screen is not as influential as i wish it was than listening to the vocalizations of one helluva singer. so if possible, i reassure you. take a listen and then you can judge (me, my friend, the circumstance or the song)


♥me

nur husniyati husin
amusing muse
looks good in sunshine
shall sell seashells by the sea
turning two three
(the countdown begins)
(♥weee!)


♥archives

archive index
home


♥lovely sweets

ain
aliah
eve
lot
mei
nisa
rashidah
seri
sue
whiney
waany



♥chatty reads




♥happy hits

ffffound
lolita
mina
muslimah creations
mystyle
ova
polyvore
pretty spree
substation
thecherryblossomgirl
wedontdoduvets


♥credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger