come into my world
careful, dont trip now
Friday, August 15, 2008

I started my week thinking: if I didnt think too much about it, perhaps the week would suddenly skip a Thursday.

I finished Gaiman's very magical Stardust. And then was as awestruck as I dvded-it. I obsessively youtube-d clips on the execution of Anne Boleyn. I caught China's Gymnastics Women's Team deservingly receiving the Gold. At the same time developing a womancrush on Alicia Sacramone.

I conveniently gave up on Marquez's Love in the Time of Cholera.

I went about doing my daily mundane stuff like being thankful that NO ONE wants to employ me (yet). And washing and ironing and folding and tutoring and chaffeuring and conditioning my hair and completely avoiding the treadmill as a form of silent retaliation of somewhats.

I got my hands on yet another Coelho & has since vowed to myself to read every single of his. JUST to see what this whole hoohaa is about.

I thought about you every single moment. I met you at every given chance. Monday's Spaghetti Too. Tuesday's Thosai. Best. And we both agreed that my fats are better than bulging muscles on a woman weightlifter.

I was on the phone with you whenever time permits on top of our long calls til early hours in the morning. I did everything I could to have a bit more of you. Heck, I even argued with you at the final seconds of Wednesday. LIKE you wouldn't believe it.

but boy I was so so wrong.

I sped to see you, you can ask Yana. Then tried to make our drive up from Teban to Changi as slow as I possibly could. Unfortunately, dropping it to 50km/h is just taking it too far lah.

I daintily sipped on my chai latte, as if THAT would buy us some more time & when it got too cold, I dejectedly slurped it all down. I refused to look at Time. and turned my phone upside down.

I watched as you spoke & layan Yana's very many kerenah, fossilizing time & captioning memories in my head. I saw one by one, shopkeepers pulling those metal shutters down, singing Stereophonic's Closing Time. I stopped making mental notes as we had fun playing along with Yana's Strike-as-many-Poses-as-you-two-can.

but it was getting late.



and just like that you went away.

and it had been some time since I dreaded a Friday.



♥me

nur husniyati husin
amusing muse
looks good in sunshine
shall sell seashells by the sea
turning two three
(the countdown begins)
(♥weee!)


♥archives

archive index
home


♥lovely sweets

ain
aliah
eve
lot
mei
nisa
rashidah
seri
sue
whiney
waany



♥chatty reads




♥happy hits

ffffound
lolita
mina
muslimah creations
mystyle
ova
polyvore
pretty spree
substation
thecherryblossomgirl
wedontdoduvets


♥credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger