come into my world
careful, dont trip now
Sunday, November 02, 2008


Four of Today

I am again reminded how stubborn Old Age can make you be.
She may seem frail to any onlookers in that plaid push-chair of hers, my Gramma. But I tell you, she is one hard sell and a tough cookie in getting things her way. She's been hooked (and I mean h-o-o-k-e-d, as in the dvd's 24/7 playing or paused while she's in the washroom or doing her prayers or eating but resumed lah thereafter) on an Indonesia sinetron whose name I refuse to type here. At all. What's worse is the actors are coming to Singapore (AGAIN. DARNIT) and she's going (AGAIN. DARNIT). This time at a glitzy hotel (tak nak kalah) and being the big-hearted endearing sweetheart she is, Gramma has bought silver (thank God for the steep price of Gold) jewellery and she has gone all out lah: buying this and that and what nots. Now she wants to give BOXED TOWELS pulak. I tell you if she had that much money, I am NOT surprised if she had bought these two actors sprawling villas! What sets me thinking is that Mum's upset with Gramma at times and I'm upset with Mum other times; could it be at those times that we were fearful we'd turn out to be exactly like the (super)woman presiding us? We call the other stubborn and forget. She was once young.

I was mistaken for a salesgirl!
It has got to be the first in my recent days! Donning an all-green outfit, fully equipped with my handbag, resting on the box of an electrical appliance.. What are odds! No offence taken at all, but tickled really. She asked for a brand of OVEN lah sia (of all things) and there I stood a few metres away, thinking she was soliciting the service of someone who didnt exist next to me. Now, I shall remember that approachability factor I have in me should ever I need a mid-life career switch. Really.

Mum asked if I'd updated & uploaded Raya picts onto my blog!
No points for guessing if she'd bookmarked me! (whispers: and maybe yours too, heh) And I am strictly adamant against it, pretending to be so Pro-privacy-issues about it (like real) and the malasness of collating all of the pictures and that sinking feeling that I will have a compelling debate in my head to also upload&blog about my Graduation and Hort Park and all that other basi/stale stuff. Nah. Some you keep and some you give away. (haha! disclaimer: you might just see it la. when & if I'm up to some staleness)

I shopped online for the first time!
Kental, I know. But oooh, dirt cheap vests and maxi dresses! Thrilling! Residual panic after spending a fruitless day scouring for nice bajus. Further, the boy opted for boysnightout over longcallwiththegirlfriend. Hmmm. I was caught up thinking their nightsout are getting pretty menjadi-jadi (increasing) but I totally get that 'most of us are in longterm relationships and will soon marry away and that means we'll be more tied down (I dont know if that's the right word) and so it would be imposing to so sewenang-wenangly (carefreely. yes I so just did typed that word. sewenang-wenang) meet up and do whatever we want do wherever we are (in other words, lepak). Simplifications of implications. Like I said, ENJOY it while it lasts, baby!




♥me

nur husniyati husin
amusing muse
looks good in sunshine
shall sell seashells by the sea
turning two three
(the countdown begins)
(♥weee!)


♥archives

archive index
home


♥lovely sweets

ain
aliah
eve
lot
mei
nisa
rashidah
seri
sue
whiney
waany



♥chatty reads




♥happy hits

ffffound
lolita
mina
muslimah creations
mystyle
ova
polyvore
pretty spree
substation
thecherryblossomgirl
wedontdoduvets


♥credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger